EU/EBRD credit line for supporting competitiveness of small and medium enterprises in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The aim of the BiH-SME-CSF is to increase the capability of SMEs in Bosnia and Herzegovina to access and face competition on the European Union (EU) market. The facility will help SMEs make the necessary upgrades of production facilities and comply with EU directives in the fields of environmental protection, occupational health and safety and product quality and safety.
In order to support the SMEs to overcome the various barriers to such investments, the EBRD has provided a EUR 20 million in credit lines to Participating Banks in Bosnia and Herzegovina for on-lending to SMEs for eligible investments. Such investments will be complemented by a 15% grant incentive and project support to SMEs in the form of Technical Assistance all funded by the EU.
SMEs applying for a BiH-SME-CSF loan take advantage of a unique opportunity to receive financing for upgrading their environmental, health & safety and product safety & quality standards and to get fit for EU accession.
- Loans for financing improvements of the production and working processes to a maximum of 1 million Euro
- Each loan has a grant component (15%) for successfully implemented projects
- Free of charge technical assistance by leading international and local experts.
EXAMPLES OF ELIGIBLE INVESTMENTS:
Product safety & quality
- Improved product packaging to extend product shelf-life
- Replacement of older equipment to produce with higher quality and eliminating possible contaminants
- Upgrading production processes to comply with EU food safety and quality regulations
Safety at work
- New machinery reducing manual lifting, noise and vibrations
- Installation of improved workplace lighting and ventilation systems
- Implementation of EMAS or ISO14001 standard
- Implementation of Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control
- Treatment of waste water
- Quick and efficient project preparation and processing of your loan application.